1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- Lighting Plus Limited (“LightingPlus”) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (“the Act”) when dealing with Personal Information.Personal Information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
- On your use of the Website, a legally binding Agreement is formed between you and LightingPlus based on these Terms and Conditions. This Agreement governs your use of the LightingPlus Website.
- Any reference to the singular also means a reference to the plural, and vice versa.
- Any reference to Website will include the Lighting Plus website, and any website provided by any part of Lighting Plus.
- Products means any products sold by LightingPlus.
- Services means any services provided by LightingPlus.
- This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your Personal Information.
- This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act.If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
4. Changes to this policy
- We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website.The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy. However, the policy that applies to any Personal Information we hold will be the policy that was in place when that Personal Information from provided unless our obligations are altered by law.
5. Who do we collect your Personal Information from
- We collect Personal Information about you from:
- you, when you provide that Personal Information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email); and
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
b. If possible, we will collect Personal Information from you directly.
6. How we use your Personal Information
- We will use your Personal Information:
- to verify your identity;
- to answer any enquiry you may have;
- to provide any Products to you;
- to provide the Services to you;
- to market our Products or Services to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose);
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us
- to respond to communications from you;
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim;
- following any legal requirement under legislation;
- for any purpose that you, as a client, may request us to do; or
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
7. Disclosing your Personal Information
- We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- our employees or contractors, for the purpose of them performing the work they do for us;
- any business that supports us in providing our Products or Services to you, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide our Products and Services, including any legal support;
- an agency for the purpose of checking you i.e. as required for AML checks;
- a person who can require us to supply your Personal Information (e.g. a regulatory authority);
- any other person authorised by the Act or other legislation (e.g. a law enforcement agency); and
- any other person authorised by you.
b. A business that supports our provision of Products or Services may be located outside New Zealand.This may mean your Personal Information is held and processed outside New Zealand. If that is the case, it is possible that your Personal Information will be stored in a jurisdiction where the Privacy legislation, if any such legislation exists, will not provide safeguards that are comparable to those in the Act. You acknowledge and agree that you permit for your Personal Information to be disclosed to this third party outside of New Zealand
8. Protecting your Personal Information
- We will take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
- We utilise a professional IT support service to assist us in securing your Personal Information.
9. Accessing and correcting your Personal Information
- Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable Personal Information that we hold and to request a correction to your Personal Information.Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the Personal Information relates.
- In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the Personal Information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the Personal Information that you requested the correction. You agree that we may retain a copy of the uncorrected Personal Information if we believe that we may have a legal duty to do so.
- If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at #######@LightingPlus.co.nz.Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the Personal Information, or the correction, that you are requesting). We may ask for further information to verify your identity if we do
- We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your Personal Information or correcting that information.
10. How long we hold Personal Information
- The length of time we hold your Personal Information will be dictated by our engagement with you. As required by the Act, we will endeavour to delete Personal Information when it is no longer required.
- If you open an Account then the information will remain in that Account until either you close the Account, or we reasonably believe that the Account has been abandoned. In either case, we will retain the information held on an Account for seven years after the Account is closed, or such as other time as required under legislation.
- If any information we hold is part of any dispute, or we have been notified that it is required by any government department or agency, we may hold on to your Personal Information indefinitely until we are confident that it is no longer required.
11. Who has access to your Personal Information
- For enquiries sent through the Website, these may go to a central email system which is accessible by several of our staff. Enquiries may then be forwarded to other staff members. Such enquiries may also be saved into our document management system.
- For any Personal Information entered into an Account, this will be stored without our systems, and encrypted on to backup servers that may be within or outside New Zealand. We have security in place to help prevent these systems from being accessible by only our staff and our IT support providers.
- When required, we may provide some of your Personal Information to third parties, such as to a courier company to know where to deliver the Products to, where it is necessary for us to provide the information for the Products or Services requested.
12. Internet use
- While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with Personal Information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk. This includes any email enquiries, or enquiries sent through our Website, as these may not be encrypted at all points of their journey.
13. Credit card transactions and other payment methods
- All your transactions are completed with security provided with high level encryption, in line with standard industry standards.LightingGroup, and our agents, do what we can to ensure that technology is in place that provides you with peace of mind, so you can order with confidence. Visa, Mastercard and American Express cards are the only credit cards that we currently accept on-line.
- If, for any reason, you do not feel safe entering your credit card information on our website, please feel free to fax or post your order to us. However, we do believe that ordering online is a safer method, as the communication is encrypted, a security not possible with faxed or posted orders.